Here’s a great way to turn the season’s best apples into a light, refreshing, savory dish. Any kind of apple will do, so hunt down whatever variety is freshest in your area and quickly turn them into this perfectly crunchy salad. Serve as a side dish, perhaps with Squash Mac n Cheese or Homemade Hamburger Helper.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 large apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and very thinly sliced
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in the bottom of a large bowl until combined. Add the apple, fennel, and parsley, and toss gently until everything is evenly coated.