It’s chilly outside, but that doesn’t stop my smoothie cravings. There’s something so satisfying about a thick, creamy, fruity mixture (especially when it’s topped with granola), that it will forever be a year-round treat if you ask me.
Both Lucy and I have been loving this tropical mixture lately. This is a very loose recipe, so feel free to swap out the milk & fruits of your choice here.
- ½ cup skim milk, light coconut milk, or coconut water
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ banana, frozen (or ½ cup frozen mango chunks)
- 1 heaping Tbsp coconut flakes or shreds
- Add all ingredients to the blender in this order, then pulse or blend until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a glass for drinking, or into a bowl with a sprinkling of granola if you prefer to eat your smoothies with a spoon.
Tip: when you open a pineapple, mango, watermelon, package of berries, etc. and find it to be a little on the ripe side for your taste, no need to throw it out. Just freeze the fruit pieces on a baking sheet for 2 hours, then place them into a freezer bag or container and use for smoothies or cooking instead.