You know those occasions where you volunteer to bring an appetizer then find yourself too busy to make anything so you end up bringing baby carrots with a tub of hummus?
This dip is for those.
Greek Seven Layer Dip – a.k.a. hummus with Mediterranean-inspired toppings – is nearly as easy and fast as the carrots + hummus route but with so much more crowd appeal. In fact, people go so crazy for this dip you may even look like a culinary genius!
Perfect for Memorial Day BBQs, summer picnics, or even a last-minute dinner, this colorful and nutritious dip hits the spot. I love serving it with pita bread and more veggies for dipping, and if you add grilled chicken or stuffed grape leaves it quickly becomes a healthy and complete meal.
Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
- 8 oz tub hummus (I used Hope Super Hemp Hummus)
- ¾ cup chopped cucumbers
- ¾ cup chopped cherry or halved grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (use sheep's milk feta for optimal taste)
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp rough chopped parsley (optional)
- Spread the hummus on a small plate with raised rims, or in a small baking dish.
- Layer with the veggies, olives, feta, scallions and parsley.
- Serve with pita chips, soft pita bread, carrots or bell peppers for dipping.