Summertime vegetables are so good, they don’t even require cooking. One of my favorite summer dinners is a big platter of raw veggies & toasted bread or crackers with a couple different dips. This simple spread is quick to prepare, kid-friendly and beautiful enough to serve to guests.
Here are a couple of my latest favorite veggie dip recipes.
Creamy Bean Dip
Best served with: Any veggies, tortilla chips, pita bread or as a spread on tacos or burritos.
Tip: I like these Pacific Foods beans because they are organic and come in a carton instead of a can.
- 1 container organic refried black or pinto beans
- ? cup cream cheese
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 3 Tbsp salsa
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped jalapeno (optional)
- Cilantro for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve with veggies, tortilla chips or any desired accompaniments.
Herbed Greek Yogurt Dip
Best served with: Any veggies, toasted baguette slices or pita bread.
Tip: Choose an organic Greek yogurt like Stonyfield, Wallaby Greek or Straus Family Creamery Greek.
- 1 6-oz container plain Greek yogurt, low-fat or nonfat
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 small handful basil leaves, rough chopped
- 1 small handful Italian parsley leaves, rough chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with veggie crudite, pita bread, baguette slices, etc.