I spent the whole day yesterday at Expo West, a huge natural foods trade show that I attend every year. What a sight! So many delicious new products, as well as many old favorites. I’m heading back tomorrow to see even more, but here are a few highlights from yesterday:
- Barbara’s Peanut Butter & Chocolate Puffins. Talk about a heavenly combo. Peanut Butter Puffins have been a longtime favorite of mine, and these may be even more delicious! The best part is, one serving still only has 110 calories, 6g sugar, and offers 3g fiber.
- Stonyfield Organic Frozen Yogurt Bars. When you’re in the mood for a rich, chocolaty treat, but don’t want the calories of a premium ice cream bar, this treat is for you. I thoroughly enjoyed the vanilla version I sampled for “market research.”
- Nurture Me dried baby food pouches. I’ve always planned to make my own baby food when the time comes, but this product is so cool, and tasted so good, that I would definitely take it on-the-go and recommend it to anyone! These packets are simply dehydrated fresh fruits & veggies, that you can mix with water, breast milk, or formula. I tasted a few of them and literally finished off each of my samples — they tasted that fresh and that tasty. Plus they come in a very eco-friendly form with minimal packaging. (I never thought I would get this excited about baby food of all things!)
- Tasty Brand Cereal Bars. These are what I always wished Nutri-Grain bars were, but aren’t. They taste fantastic, are a good source of fiber, and are lower in sugar than other cereal bars. I’m so glad Tasty Brand ventured into the snack category!
- Ecologic’s compostable detergent bottles. So this isn’t a food item, but I’m so excited about Seventh Generation offering this new packaging for their detergent. The bottle itself uses 66% less plastic than a regular detergent bottle, AND it’s compostable when it’s gone! Pretty cool.