March is National Peanut Month! (Yes, this is real). Whether you’re into snacking on peanuts, classic PB & J’s, or adding peanut butter to savory dishes, it’s time to celebrate.
A few peanut facts:
- Peanuts are the highest protein nut
- Peanuts aren’t a tree nut, they’re a legume (like beans)
- Peanut butter is a great source of heart-healthy fat, fiber, and protein
Delicious Ways to Use Peanut Butter
1. Peanut Butter and Jelly Rolls (pictured above). Check out this award-winning recipe!
2. Peanut Butter Pulled Chicken Sandwiches. A unique take on the classic BBQ pulled meat sandwich.
3. Asian-style Peanut Dressing. Not only is this a fabulous salad dressing, it’s also a great way to get the remaining peanut butter out of an almost-empty jar!
4. Grilled Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich. Need I say more? YUM.
5. Stir-fried Noodles with Peanut Butter Sauce. An easy, one-pan meal for your busiest weeknight.
Peanut Butter Tip:
I’m a big fan of natural peanut butter — the kind you have to stir. Here are some tips for easy stirring and storage.
image source: Thank you, Bran Appetit for the recipe and image!