The holidays are full of food, but not every dish is worth your precious calories. These five ARE. Don’t let the holidays pass without making at least a few of these treats!
1. Granola Crusted Nuts. I never would have thought of coating nuts with granola – but wow! A little mason jar full of these might be the perfect last minute gift.
2. Gingerbread Nog Steel Cut Oats. You may not think “treat” when you hear “oats,” but a hot bowl of eggnog-infused oatmeal on Christmas morning will definitely feel like an indulgence (and at least you’ll be getting your fiber and some nutrients before a day of holiday eating).
3. Cranberry, Pecan, and Honey Feta Crackers. Need an easy appetizer that will still impress your guests? These sweet, salty, crunchy cracker bites will do the trick and no one will know you made them in minutes.
4. Peppermint Bark Milkshake. When you’re all cookie’d out, make this. It’s easy, incredible, and dare I say would be even more indulgent with a few Peppermint Joe Joe’s thrown in!
5. Orange Cranberry Muffins. I don’t know how she does it, but my adorable friend Amie is able to make gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan baked goods – like these holiday-scented muffins – taste absolutely delicious. If you have holiday guests on restricted diets, or even if you don’t, make these on Christmas morning!
The Healthy AppleDecember 22, 2012 at 12:32 pm
Thank you for including me! I miss you; happy holidays! xooxox
Kiersten @ Oh My VeggiesDecember 23, 2012 at 5:32 pm
That milkshake looks absolutely amazing!