It’s Salad Month!
Yes, today marks the beginning of a whole month of salads here on the blog.
For the remainder of January, I’ll be sharing my favorite salad recipes, along with great ideas from a few of my healthy food blogger friends. If you’re trying to eat healthy this month, look no further 🙂
I’m starting with something simple: Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette.
Though this salad only has three ingredients, it’s incredibly flavorful and thus one of my all-time favorites.
Simply toss baby arugula leaves with lemon vinaigrette and top with shaved or grated Parmesan and voila!
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Generous pinch of salt
- Small pinch of pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Store any leftover dressing in the fridge for up to a week.
- One 5-oz container of organic, pre-washed baby arugula
- ¼ cup Parmesan shavings or grated Parmesan
- Lemon vinaigrette to taste
- Place arugula in a salad bowl.
- Add a few spoonfuls of dressing, then toss together using your (clean) hands.
- Top with the Parmesan then toss a little more.
- Add additional dressing to taste.
- Season with salt & pepper if desired.