This moist banana loaf, invented by my friend Shelley, is kind of like a cross between cake and bread pudding. It’s not-too-sweet and tangy flavor are perfect when you’re craving a warm baked good but don’t want to indulge in a real decadent dessert. Delicious served warm, with another dollop of Greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey on top.
Note: This loaf offers a different consistency than traditional banana bread. If you’re looking for the texture and flavor of regular banana bread, try this healthy recipe instead.
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Large Eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Sugar
- 3 whole Bananas, medium sized, very ripe
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas with a fork or masher in a large mixing bowl. Add oil, egg, sugar, and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients, then slowly add them to the wet and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Bread may not look quite done in the middle, but take it out anyway. Let cool completely in the pan, then remove and slice.