Smoothies are a perfect way to enjoy fruit during winter, because they’re best with frozen fruit (in my opinion) and offer variety even when not many fruits are in season.
Today, I had the best smoothie of my life. The combination was unplanned, but ended up being flavorful, sweet, and exotic-tasting. I don’t think I can make any other combo for the time being…I’m hooked on this one!
Best Smoothie You’ll Ever Taste
- 5 pitted dates
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup 1% milk or soymilk
- 1 cup frozen pitted cherries
- 1 cup frozen sliced peaches
- 1 large frozen banana, cut into chunks
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Combine dates, yogurt, and milk in a blender until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture is well-combined. This smoothie will be thick and is best eaten with a spoon. If you like a thinner, drinkable smoothie, use a fresh banana and/or thawed fruit. Enjoy!
Teri RoughenFebruary 24, 2012 at 7:02 am
Ooooohhhh, thanks for this recipe. I’ve been doing smoothies since my cleanse and I’m getting tired of my mix. This looks so tasty! Teri
DeanaFebruary 24, 2012 at 8:49 am
AmeliaFebruary 24, 2012 at 9:10 am
Dates remind me of you for some reason. I don’t even know if you like them but this smoothie is amazing!
DeanaFebruary 25, 2012 at 11:02 pm
How funny! I do love them!
MillieMarch 3, 2012 at 6:39 pm
Was this the smoothie you made for me? It was absolutely amazing!
AmeliaMarch 4, 2012 at 8:16 pm
Yes it is, Millie – I am obsessed!