Now that it’s mid-June, produce is getting GOOD. We’ve been eating salads at least once a day for either lunch or dinner, and even though they’re healthy, the ingredients are so flavorful that they feel like a treat! This one I recently made when I had a little leftover quinoa, but you can easily use any cooked grain you have lying around — brown or wild rice, bulgur, couscous, barley, wheat berries, etc. At the end, sprinkle your salad with some kind of seasoned sliced or chopped nuts for a surprising little kick.
Enjoy! (Perhaps outside — dining al fresco!)
- 1 whole Apple, chopped
- 2 ounces Soft Goat Cheese
- ¼ cup Sliced or Slivered Almonds, seasoned
- ½ cup Quinoa, cooked
- 3 cups Butter lettuce leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice, from half a lemon
- Divide torn butter lettuce leaves into two salad bowls. Top salads with apples, quinoa, and almonds, then use your fingers to crumble the goat cheese over the salad.
- Whisk together the olive oil, dijon mustard, honey and lemon juice. Toss with salad!