In an effort to use up the last of our turkey, I made these lettuce wraps over the weekend. They were a real hit!
If you’re all turkey’d-out, no worries. You can easily replace the turkey in this recipe with white beans, baked tofu, chicken breast or any other veggie.
These were a snap to put together, thanks in part to Earthbound Farm’s Easy Leaves – no washing, drying or trimming required.
Simply assemble the grain mixture then pile into crispy leaves of lettuce and enjoy!
I used both Romaine and butter lettuces and each worked perfectly.
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cooked grains, such as Israeli couscous, wild rice, farro or barley
- ½ a large apple, chopped
- 1 cup cooked turkey or chicken, cubed or shredded
- ½ cup chopped celery (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Earthbound Farm dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Earthbound Farm Easy Leaves - Romaine, Butter or Petite Lettuce
- In the bottom of a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard and olive oil until smooth. Add a pinch of salt & pepper.
- To the bowl, add the turkey, grains, apples, parsley, cranberries, nuts and celery (if using).
- Toss to coat all ingredients, then spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and enjoy.