When tomatoes are in peak season, they’re so good it’s almost a shame to cook them. But sometimes you just want a hot meal!
This fresh tomato sauce offers a perfect solution. You get the taste of fresh tomatoes but in a hot format, and the whole meal is ready in 10 minutes – just the amount of time it takes to cook the noodles.
You really don’t need a recipe for this (though there’s one at the bottom if you are the follow-directions type). Simply blend fresh tomato chunks, basil, 1-2 cloves of garlic and salt in a blender or food processor
then toss with hot pasta.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. That’s it.
If you’re in a real hurry, use angel hair noodles which are ready in 3-4 minutes.
I promise everyone in the family will love this meal – especially if you let each person sprinkle her own cheese 🙂
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small handful fresh basil leaves
- 3 lbs fresh tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place garlic cloves in a food processor or blender and finely chop.
- Scrape down sides, then add tomatoes, basil and salt to the blender.
- Pulse until desired consistency is reached - I like to leave it a little chunky.
- Toss with hot pasta, then serve with plenty of Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
How do you like to use fresh tomatoes?