I have been a soft-serve fanatic as long as I can remember. Whether it’s old-school TCBY at the airport, a vanilla cone from Dairy Queen in a rural mid-western town, or a random compilation of flavors at a trendy new self-serve yogurt shops, I love it. But of course not all frozen yogurts are created equal, and we all have our favorites. Below are my own great soft-serve loves. Please share some of yours!
1. McConnell’s in Santa Barbara. This place offers roughly 10 flavors of soft-serve ice cream and yogurt at all times, but their vanilla custard reigns supreme in my book – I get it every time!
2. The Bigg Chill. LA’s longest-standing frozen yogurt shop, this place has withstood all the fuss from trendy new yogurt shops, and still serves up to 1500 people per day on weekends!
3. Tasti D-Lite. I’m not sure what this stuff is made of, but I love it. There’s nothing quite like stopping for a little low-calorie cone of Tasti as you window shop along a classic New York City street.
4. Dairy Queen. Yes, it’s fast food. But Dairy Queen vanilla cones are a classic, and never get old for me. (Bonus: you can find Dairy Queens in the middle of nowhere!)
5. Foster’s Freeze. This classic opened in the 1940’s, so could really be considered California’s oldest fast-food chain. There aren’t too many of them left, but the soft-serve here is still awesome.
6. Golden Spoon. These yogurt shops offer hefty portions of nonfat and low-fat fro yo, in such a delicious array of flavors, you’ll want to add 3 or 4 to your cup each time you go!
7. Yogurt Stop. I don’t know what it is about this yogurt, but it tastes amazing every time. This West Hollywood store was one of the first places to offer self-serve.
What are your own favorite yogurt shops? Leave a comment for a chance to win FREE OIKOS FROZEN YOGURT (my favorite in-home yogurt choice!). Winner picked randomly on Wednesday January 11th!