Whether you’re entertaining a crowd or spending the evening on the couch with a marg and a mag, it’s time to celebrate! Make your Cinco a little more special by getting creative with whatever you cook up. Check out my friend Jen’s amazing 7-layer dip:
Clearly she makes this for the Super Bowl every year….
But what a perfect idea for Cinco de Mayo. So follow her lead and make your dip your own!
Tips to make 7-Layer Dip a healthier indulgence:
- Use canned fat-free refried beans instead of regular
- Use 2% Greek yogurt instead of sour cream
- Add extra tomatoes, green onions, shredded lettuce, and salsa
- Use extra-sharp cheddar cheese, which is so flavorful that you can get away with using 1/2 as much
- Serve with veggies in addition to tortilla chips, and opt for chips such as Baked Tostitos Scoops, or Trader Joe’s Stone Ground Yellow Tortilla Chips — these have only 130 calories and 4g fat per serving, plus 4 whole grams of fiber!
Want more unique recipe ideas?
- Stone Fruit Salsa. Could easily be made with frozen fruit, or with mangoes, melons, and/or pineapple.
- Easy Egg Tostada. Pile whatever you have lying around on a tortilla and call it Mexican food!
- Braised Chicken with Tomatillos and Fruit. This recipe is to-die-for, and I’ll help you cheat to make it easier.
- Crispy Black Bean Tacos. If you’re short on time, these are ready in a flash.
Leave a comment below to let me know what YOU’RE making for Cinco de Mayo!