Regular coffee milkshakes are far from healthy. But this coffee milkshake is actually a pretty balanced afternoon snack, with the added bonus of a little caffeine kick. It’s also the perfect opportunity to repurpose any coffee leftover from the morning, instead of just pouring the extra down the drain.
I make all sorts of different blended coffees, blended mochas, and coffee-scented smoothies. But this “milkshake” is my current fave. Especially for a hot August afternoon.
Here’s how to make it.
Place cool coffee in a blender along with vanilla frozen yogurt, cocoa powder, nonfat powdered milk, vanilla and sugar.
Blend until smooth.
Top with a few dark or milk chocolate shavings and serve.
- 10 oz cool or cold brewed coffee
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat frozen yogurt
- 3 Tbsp nonfat powdered milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- Chocolate shavings (if desired)
- Place all ingredients except ice in a blender. Blend until combined.
- Add ice cubes, 4-5 at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. I usually add 10-12 ice cubes.
- Top with chocolate shavings or a few mini chocolate chips and serve.
Another tip for leftover coffee: Pour the cooled coffee into ice cube trays and freeze for future iced coffees or coffee milkshakes.