Hi moms! If you missed tonight’s webinar, here is the recorded version. You should be able to live stream this from a computer, smartphone, ipad, etc. Let me know if you have any problems and I’ll help.
As I mentioned tonight, each week there will be “homework” related to whatever subject we cover. Since the classes are just 45 minutes once a week, the homework is crucial if you want to really make changes and see results.
Here’s the homework for this week:
1. Keep a 3-5 day food diary, including at least one weekend day. This means write down everything you eat (or use a smartphone app), being sure to note:
- time of day
- what you ate (be specific and include portion size, like “1 cup oatmeal made with water + 1/2 cup low-fat milk, 1 Tbsp brown sugar and 1 cup frozen blueberries”)
- whether you ate at home or elsewhere.
- You can even go so far as to say what mood you were in when you ate (like “starving!” or “bored”).
2. Pick your “weigh-in day.” There’s no real benefit to weighing yourself everyday, but it is good to pick a day and time to weigh yourself once each week. This will help you gauge whether you’re really working toward your goals, and you’ll easily see whether the trend is going in the right direction.
3. Write down your 2-3 biggest barriers to getting healthy. Lack of time, too much stress, not giving your full effort, not enough support from spouse or family, not motivated, stuck in bad habits, etc. Over the next few weeks we will work to really address your specific barriers so you can move past them toward success!
4. Optional: Email me your food diary, at any time during the next 7 weeks, and I’ll happily review it for you and make some recommendations or give you some tips to help you reach your goals. Similarly, you can email me your starting weight, then email me each week after you weigh-in so you have someone to be accountable to. Both of these are totally optional, but can help you get more out of these 7 weeks.
Have a great week and look forward to talking with you all in the forum!