A tangy, simple Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette to elevate even the most simple salad.
We enjoyed breathtaking scenery:
All kinds of delicious food and drink:
And learned a ton from each other and the experts around us:
One of the (many) highlights for me had to do with salad. Shocking, right? 😉
For our Build-Your-Own Salad Bar, Ashley whipped up a Lemon Vinaigrette that I’ve since made countless times.
Though the ingredients in this dressing are few and simple, the flavor is so clean and fresh that it can really make any salad memorable, no matter how minimal it starts out.
Normally, my salads are full of color and a wide variety of ingredients. But like I said, that’s hardly needed here since the dressing is so fantastic.
In an ideal world, I’d share every part of this incredible retreat with you. But since I can’t, I’m excited that I can at least give you a bite of our experience through this salad-changing dressing. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- Juice of 2 large lemons (regular or Meyer) - about 1 cup
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a ripe avocado
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy, about 20 seconds.
- This makes a big batch, perfect for a crowd or making salads all week long.
- Store leftover dressing in a lidded jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
A huge, heartfelt thank you to Terranea for hosting Eat Sea Retreat this year at their remarkable resort, and to Organic Valley, Health-Ade Kombucha and Earthbound Farm for feeding us well and making the whole trip possible. And thank you to those who continually read my blog and follow my social posts – I am eternally grateful for all of you.