There’s no food that comforts or satisfies me more than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I could eat one everyday – and usually do!
Classic PB&J’s have been elevated in recent years with the introduction of so many delicious new nut butters. From chocolate coconut peanut butter to maple almond butter, the options for what to spread on your bread are endless.
Above are a few of my absolute favorite nut butters. Here’s why, and where to find them.
1. Dark Chocolate Dreams. Peanut Butter & Company makes some of the tastiest peanut butters I’ve found, but for me, nothing beats their chocolate PB!
2. Barney Butter. I didn’t care for almond butter until I found Barney Butter. It’s completely smooth and has no bitter flavor because the almond skins are removed before being ground into butter. It’s pricey but SO worth it. I put this in my own Christmas stocking every year 🙂
3. Santa Cruz Organic peanut butter. If you’re a purest, this peanut butter is for you. Tastes exactly like you’d expect ground up peanuts to taste.
4. Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter. This one is another splurge, at $11 per jar. Just try it anyway. It tastes like a true indulgence & livens up any slice of bread or graham cracker.
5. Trader Joe’s Sunflower Butter. Besides homemade sunflower seed butter, this is my favorite because it’s slightly sweet and perfectly smooth.
6. Wild Friends Honey Pretzel Peanut Butter. Who doesn’t love dunking pretzels in peanut butter? Wild Friends does it for you with their honey pretzel PB. It. Is. So. Good.
I’ve picked these mostly for taste, not health, but they are all from brands I trust and made with ingredients I recognize. Here’s a rundown of the healthiest nut butters, if it’s health you’re after.
What are some of your own favorite nut butters?