Nothing’s better than sinking your teeth into a ripe, juicy peach…except maybe taking a big bite of warm peach crisp topped with vanilla ice cream. Yum!
Want another great peach recipe for summer? Peach ice cream!
- 6 large very ripe peaches, cut into thin segments (peel if you like, but I don’t)
- ½ stick cold butter, cut into little cubes
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 3 Tbsp white flour or 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350. Gently toss peach slices, white flour/cornstarch, and white sugar in a large bowl. Pour into a 8X8 baking dish or pie plate. Put dish/pie plate on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the butter, whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Mix together with your fingers or a fork until it resembles coarse crumbs, the spread this mixture over the top of the peaches.
- Bake for ~45 minutes or until top is golden brown and peach juices are bubbling up on the sides.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes, then serve with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.