I love making ice cream sandwiches with fresh homemade cookies, but these pumpkin graham sandwiches are perfect for when you don’t have time for that!
These ice cream sandwiches only require 3 ingredients + a couple fall-inspired spices. You can easily make them ahead for a Halloween party, Thanksgiving dessert, or single-serve dessert.
Pumpkin Graham Ice Cream Sandwiches
Serves: 8 sandwiches
- 8 whole graham crackers (the whole big rectangle)
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream (about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Scoop the ice cream into a medium bowl and let soften a couple minutes at room temperature.
- Place 4 graham crackers in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Stir the spices into the pumpkin puree, then add the pumpkin to the ice cream and quickly whisk it all together until smooth (work fast, otherwise little bits of pumpkin will freeze and result in a chunky ice cream)
- Place a generous heap of ice cream onto each of the 4 graham crackers in the dish, then top with remaining graham cracker to make a sandwich.
- Put sandwiches into freezer for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, let sandwiches stand at room temperature for 3-5 minutes, then cut to whatever size you'd like. Serve immediately.
Dress these sandwiches up a little more by rolling in mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, or chopped nuts!
Serving size: 1 graham square
KathNovember 13, 2013 at 5:17 pm