I think we can all agree that Pumpkin Spice Latte season is awesome.
Even if you’re not a PSL fan, odds are you like at least one of Starbucks’ holiday drinks and rejoice at the sight of those red cups come November!
Unfortunately, there’s a downside to these drinks: their ingredients. Conventional dairy products plus unnatural colors and flavors make the traditional Starbucks drinks a lot less appealing.
Luckily, they’re super easy to mimic at home – without any fancy equipment. And when you use organic milk, real pumpkin and warm holiday spices, you can enjoy a delicious pumpkin spice latte without hesitation or guilt.
Here’s my recipe. Happy sipping!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- ½ cup organic whole or 2% milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6-8 ounces strong brewed coffee
- Whisk together the pumpkin, spices, vanilla, sugar and milk in a large mug. Heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until very warm.
- Use a frother (like aerolatte) to make the milk mixture foamy, if desired.
- Pour the coffee into the mug and stir to combine.
christa gadolaNovember 7, 2014 at 7:26 pm
i’d really like for you to come over and make me one of these!
Emily @ Life on FoodNovember 8, 2014 at 3:44 am
This looks so good. A PSL is something I look forward to all year long. I cannot do the Starbucks one any more though. So sweet and expensive. I love this REAL version!
Amelia WinslowNovember 10, 2014 at 4:50 pm
I’m with you, Emily!
Amelia WinslowNovember 10, 2014 at 4:51 pm
I would LOVE that. xo