It’s Mother’s Day, and if you haven’t yet determined what to serve the mother in your life, here’s a quick yet sure-to-impress option.
Strawberry Shortcake, made with Greek yogurt instead of whipped cream (a substitution that makes the recipe faster and healthier).
- 1 container ready-to-bake biscuit dough, such as Immaculate Baking Company
- 2 cups 2% Greek yogurt
- Honey to taste
- 2 pints strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Prepare biscuits according to package directions and let cool at least 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir 2-3 Tbsp honey into the yogurt, adding more if you want it sweeter.
- Cut each biscuit in half and place a large dollop of yogurt and a generous helping of strawberry slices inside each one.
- Drizzle with more honey or top with a sprinkling of chocolate chips and serve.
With a dish like this, you’re sure to elicit some enthusiastic responses 😉
Happy Mother’s Day!