Stuffed bell peppers are such an easy and delicious all-in-one meal. The pepper alone provides you with 2 servings of veggies, and the options are endless when it comes to making a healthy & flavorful stuffing. I always think of it as a dinner + side salad in one!
Here’s my favorite stuffed peppers recipe of the moment.
Another idea: make Greek stuffed peppers by making a stuffing out of brown rice, chopped olives, feta, tomatoes, fresh oregano and/or parsley, cooked ground turkey, shredded zucchini, and plain Greek yogurt. Yum!
- 4 green, red or yellow peppers
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can drained black beans
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 12 oz jar chipotle salsa
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 4-oz can mild diced green chiles
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Handful of fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup Light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375. Cut around stem of each pepper with a sharp knife and pull out the stem, seeds, and inside ribbing. Set in a baking dish and sprinkle the inside of each pepper with salt.
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the rest of the ingredients until well combined. Stuff each pepper with the stuffing, making sure to press it down into the pepper so each is completely stuffed.
- Then, cut 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese into little cubes and stuff the cubes into the top of the peppers. These will melt down to make a cheesy layer and prevent the peppers from drying out in the oven. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes, or until peppers are brown and beginning to wrinkle. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.