I can’t get enough arugula lately. Obviously 🙂
And arugula + strawberries + goat cheese is just about my favorite salad combo out there. Peppery leaves, creamy & tangy cheese and sweet & juicy fruit work together so perfectly.
I almost always make this salad with my lemon vinaigrette, but it’s also great with balsamic dressing.
Add whatever nuts you have around – pistachios (what I used here), walnuts, pecans or sliced almonds.
Have trouble keeping your greens fresh?
Use this trick. It extends the life of greens – especially tender baby greens like arugula, spinach, spring mix, etc. for at least an additional few days if not longer.
- 1 5-oz container of organic, pre-washed arugula
- ½ pint organic strawberries, washed and sliced
- 2 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp nuts of your choice
- Salt & pepper
- Lemon vinaigrette, to taste
- Place greens in a large bowl.
- Top with remaining ingredients and a tiny pinch of salt & pepper.
- Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss before serving.
If you can't find good strawberries during winter, try using freeze-dried strawberry slices. When tossed with the dressing they'll rehydrate slightly and offer a delicious chewy texture.