Easy Bean Salad
- 1 lb green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 can kidney beans OR 2 cups shelled edamame
- 1 pint grape or small cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Large handful fresh Italian parsley (the flat kind), rough chopped
- Large handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Steam (or boil) the green beans for 2 minutes, then place into a large bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Set aside to cool.
- In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard, lemon juice, sugar, olive oil, and salt & pepper.
- Add the garbanzo and kidney beans (or edamame, if using), fresh herbs, green onions, and halved tomatoes to the bowl.
- Drain the green beans and pat dry with a paper towel, then add them to the bowl and gently fold veggies into the dressing until everything is well coated. Serve at room temperature as a side dish.
Bean salad gets better after a day or two in the fridge, when the veggies soak up all the dressing!