Once again, Meatless Monday offers a hearty and flavor-packed meal. Alter this flatbread however you like — use spinach, arugula, or basil in place of the parsley; replace the cheese with your favorite type; or use whole wheat dough if you can find it. You really can’t go wrong here — since this is essentially just pizza, and pizza is never bad!
- 4 Large Large Eggs
- 2 cups Curley parsley, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Good Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces Pizza dough, room temperature
- 2 whole Tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup Green Onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Plain Whole Milk Yogurt, or low-fat
- Preheat oven to 475. In a small bowl, beat eggs with 2 Tbsp milk or water. Chop parsley leaves into small pieces. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes, then add a drizzle of olive oil and the eggs. Scramble eggs for 1-2 min, then add parsley and scramble until cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough (or stretch it out with your fingers) to desired size, leaving some extra on the sides to form a crust. Place on a well-oiled baking sheet and stab dough a few times with a fork to prevent air bubbles. Spread the parsley-egg mixture around the dough and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and bake for about 12 minutes.
- Remove flatbread from oven when edges are brown and beginning to crisp up. Lay the tomato slices all around the flatbread, then sprinkle with salt & pepper and drizzle with plain yogurt (low-fat is fine too). Cut into squares and serve alongside a salad for a complete meal.