I’m not really a green bean person, so I usually turn to Brussels sprouts for my Thanksgiving veggie contribution. These shaved & sautéed Brussels sprouts are my absolute favorite, especially now that Trader Joe’s sells these pre-washed, pre-sliced little sprouts!
This dish is ready in less than 10 minutes, and it’s salty & sweet flavor combination will please even those who normally don’t partake in the sprouts. My only real tip is to make a big batch!
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 10-oz bag prepared shaved Brussels Sprouts
- ¼ cup shelled, salted pistachios
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- Juice of ½ a small lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Brussels Sprouts and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until they've turned bright green but are still crisp-tender.
- Add the dried cherries and pistachios and sauté an additional minute.
- Squeeze lemon over the top and toss to coat.
- Serve hot.