Don’t know what compote is? Don’t worry. It just means stewed fruit or fruit sauce, and this one only takes about 5 minutes to make. You could swap the pears for halved grapes, diced oranges, diced apples or persimmons (would take a bit longer to cook), or even cranberries (with a little more sugar). It’s divine served over or under vanilla ice cream, stirred into plain yogurt for breakfast, or spread on toast. Garnish with pomegranate seeds for an extra crunch.
- 2 Anjou or Bartlett Pear, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ cup Pomegranate Seeds, optional
- 1 ½ cup POM 100% pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- In a small pot, mix together cornstarch and sugar over medium heat. Pour in juice and pears, and let mixture come to a gentle boil until it thickens to desired consistency (kind of like a thin jelly - it will get thicker as it cools).
- Let cool to warm or room temperature and serve with ice cream or yogurt. Garnish with pomegranate seeds if desired. *Variation: make compote with 1 cup POM juice and 1 cup POM Tea.