A couple weeks ago my husband took our kids on an overnight adventure, which meant I was alone in my house for over 24 hours. It was one of the best gifts I’ve ever received.
Of course I love my kids and spending time with my family – that goes without saying. But when you don’t get much (or any) time to yourself, a few hours in a quiet, peaceful, mess-free home is downright glorious.
If there’s a mom in your life who could use some downtime, I suggest giving that as a holiday gift. She’ll appreciate it, remember it, and feel refueled when everyone reconvenes. If you want to give a physical gift too, below are some of my favorite luxurious yet practical ideas for healthy and green-loving moms.
The Best Holiday Gifts for Moms
- Woobamboo Toothbrushes and Floss: Natural bamboo toothbrushes that even look classy on the counter.
- Sweat Cosmetics – Powder SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick: I have this in my purse at all times – protects your face while powdering your nose (and the only sunscreen my kids don’t mind applying).
- FashionABLE Scarves, Jewelry and Leather Goods: Beautiful scarves, leather and jewelry made by women who have overcome great obstacles to start businesses.
- Heavenly Organics Sustainably-Farmed Honey: This company’s story is incredible, as are the people who harvest the honey.
- Back to the Roots Garden-in-a-Jar Sets: No space for a garden? No problem!
- Peacock Family Farms Dried Fruit and Nuts: One golden flame raisin and you’ll be hooked on Peacock forever.
- The Neighborgoods Foodie Themed Tea Towels: These are just so darn cute!
- Simple Ecology Reusable Produce and Bulk Bags: An easy and chic way to reduce the use of plastic produce bags.
- Alaffia Shea Butter Soaps: Naturally-scented soaps that support sustainable business and empower communities in West Africa.
- Frog Hollow Farms Organic Warren Pears: You haven’t tasted a pear until you’ve tasted a Warren Pear. Get ’em.