I don’t know about you, but the thing I liked most about the book “Eat Pray Love” was the pizza. With each page, my desire to hop a plane to Naples just to sink my teeth into a thin, tomato-y, cheesy slice got a little stronger. I can only imagine what the movie – which comes out today – would do to me.
Since most of us can’t immediately indulge in our craving to fly to Italy for pizza, here are a few ways you can satisfy your appetite at home…perhaps with some friends, before or after seeing the movie.
Serve alongside a salad like the one below, or this one.
Want to serve a variety of pizzas at your pizza party? Add one of these into the mix:
- 1 ball pizza dough, either store-bought or homemade
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 8 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- handful fresh baby spinach leaves
- handful fresh basil leaves
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese
- pinch of dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 500. Pour 1 Tbsp olive oil onto a baking sheet and rub around with your fingers. Roll pizza dough out with a rolling pin or your fingers until it's an even thin layer that fits on the baking sheet. Poke dough all over with a fork (to prevent air bubbles), then spread tomato sauce all around dough.
- Layer the toppings all over the pizza, starting with the spinach and basil leaves, and ending with the cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned on top. Let cool 2-3 minutes, then sprinkle with dried oregano and slice.