I don’t normally drink my vegetables, since eating them tastes so good and fills me up more. But lately I’ve been making fruit & veggie smoothies for Lucy – partly because it’s so easy, and partly because she loves anything that requires using a straw. Today for lunch she had a spinach and avocado smoothie. Sounds kind of gross, but Lucy couldn’t get enough, and both Tyler and I agreed it tasted like a rich, creamy treat.
Aaaaand…forget the straw, let’s just get this smoothie down already!
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup plain lowfat yogurt
- ½ small avocado
- ½ banana
- ¼ cup vanilla soymilk (or any milk of choice)
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup frozen peach slices
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add the frozen fruit, then pulse until well-blended. Serve with a spoon or straw. Makes 2 servings, or about 4 baby-sized servings.