Even on semi-cool mornings during the fall, I wake up craving a Starbucks holiday drink. The eggnog latte is my favorite, but I would also never turn down a pumpkin spice or gingerbread latte, nor a peppermint mocha. Mmmm.
Unfortunately, the calories and cost of these drinks take a hefty toll on both the wallet and the waistline. So this season, I’ve decided to make my own versions at home. This morning was my first attempt at a pumpkin spice latte, and if I do say so myself, it was GOOD. It was also easy (no fancy equipment needed), lower in calories & sugar, and made with real pumpkin, not a fake flavored syrup. Here’s how you can do it too.
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Canned Pumpkin
- ½ cup 1% Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 6-8 ounces hot brewed coffee
- Add the vanilla and the sugar to the hot coffee and stir to combine.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, milk and spices until well-combined, then pour into the coffee and stir everything together.
- Use an aerolatte milk frother to make the whole thing frothy, then enjoy!