I’m not really a green bean person, so I usually turn to Brussels sprouts for my Thanksgiving veggie contribution. These shaved & sautéed Brussels sprouts are my absolute favorite, especially now that Trader Joe’s sells these pre-washed, pre-sliced little sprouts!
What used to be a labor intensive dish is now a snap. I can’t tell you how much time this product saves me!
This dish is ready in less than 10 minutes, and it’s salty & sweet flavor combination will please even those who normally don’t partake in the sprouts. My only real tip is to make a big batch!
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Dried Cherries and Pistachios
Serves: 4 side servings
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 10-oz bag prepared shaved Brussels Sprouts
- ¼ cup shelled, salted pistachios
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- Juice of ½ a small lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Brussels Sprouts and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until they've turned bright green but are still crisp-tender.
- Add the dried cherries and pistachios and sauté an additional minute.
- Squeeze lemon over the top and toss to coat.
- Serve hot.
Wait til the end - after you've tasted - to add the salt. The pistachio meats are very salty and you may not need any additional salt after tossing everything together.
KirtyNovember 21, 2013 at 11:43 am
Yum! Can you make a pin of this? I don’t have a home computer, so creating pins is difficult from a phone. Love your website!!!!
AmeliaNovember 24, 2013 at 11:02 am
If you hover over the picture it should allow you to pin it…but I’ll pin it too just in case. Thanks, Kirty!