This post marks the beginning of a whole month of frozen treats! All month long I’ll be featuring healthy frozen desserts, smoothies, ice cream, frozen yogurt, and more – so stay tuned for a summer of refreshments like this Frozen Chai Tea Latte!
You know those afternoons where you need a little pick-me-up, but want it to be at least kind of healthy and not keep you up all night?
I have those all the time.
A frozen chai tea latte is my favorite solution.
This frothy, creamy, icy drink – which tastes like Chai tea + a mango lassi (traditional Indian mango-yogurt smoothie) in one – is super refreshing as well as energizing. It would also make a tasty light breakfast.
You can easily make this drink vegan by replacing the powdered milk with powdered soy milk, or with coconut yogurt.
A refreshing afternoon pick-me-up, reminiscent of both a Chai tea and Mango Lassi.
- 10 oz strong-brewed Chai tea (made with 2 teabags + 8oz boiling water), cooled to room temp
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp powdered nonfat milk
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2-3 cups ice cubes
- Place first 6 ingredients in a blender and pulse until combined.
- Add frozen mango and ice and blend on high until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Add more or less ice/mango depending on how thick you like your drinks. I like them thick and frothy! To make this dairy-free, use powdered soy milk or 1/2 cup coconut yogurt in place of the powdered milk.