Want another quick & easy pasta recipe using summer’s best tomatoes? Here you go!
Angel Hair with Sauteed Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 oz angel hair pasta (1/2 a box)
- 1.5 lbs baby tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- large handful fresh herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro, or a mix), rough chopped
- Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add all the tomatoes and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until they brown a little and begin to burst. At this point, generously salt the pasta water and cook noodles according to package directions (about 3-4 minutes). Meanwhile, turn the burner with the tomatoes down to low, then stir in minced garlic, herbs, salt, & pepper.
- When pasta is done, drain and add it to the tomatoes along with 2 more Tbsp olive oil. Toss gently, then place on serving dish and garnish with more fresh herbs and shaved or grated Parmesan cheese.
coriAugust 25, 2010 at 9:35 am
Thanks for this recipe Amelia! I often forget the joy of a simple yet full of flavor dish such as this. I’m making it!