This easy salad is a twist on my old staple Herbed Grains Salad. With the addition of some cooked chicken on top, it becomes a whole meal. If you’re short on time, buy a packet of pre-cooked brown rice and use a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 ½ cups Cooked Brown Rice
- ½ cup Fresh Italian Parsley, rough chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Mint Leaves, rough chopped
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken Breast
- ¾ whole English or Hothouse Cucumber
- 1/3 cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 whole Apple, diced
- ½ cup Pomegranate Seeds
- ¼ cup Pecans, toasted and chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Add apple, cucumber, onions, parsley, mint, and rice to the bowl and toss to combine. Serve on a platter with chicken cubes on top (or make individual bowls or plates with chicken on top).